The Mount Airy/Surry County Airport provides significant economic impact to the community:
- The Airport had the second highest amount of economic impact in the state among general aviation airports in 2019, totaling $691,050,000.
- Tenants of the Airport have the benefit of paying only Surry County tax, no city taxes, which is somewhat rare compared to other airports.
- Approximately 2,545 jobs were supported by the Airport in 2019.
- Thanks to the Airport, personal income reached $129,390,000 in 2019.
- The Airport generated $22,716,000 in state and local taxes in 2019.
These numbers were generated from the latest analysis of the economic impacts of North Carolina’s public airports, conducted by North Carolina State University’s Institute for Transportation Research and Education.
2019 Economic Impact Numbers/2021 NC State of Aviation