The Mount Airy/Surry County Airport provides significant economic impact to the community:
- The Airport had the second highest amount of economic impact in the state among general aviation airports in 2018, totaling $649,960,000.
- Tenants of the Airport have the benefit of paying only Surry County tax, no city taxes, which is somewhat rare compared to other airports.
- Approximately 2,510 jobs were created by the Airport in 2018.
- Thanks to the Airport, personal income reached $126,900,000 in 2018.
- The Airport generated $23,894,000 in state and local taxes in 2018.
These numbers were generated from the latest analysis of the economic impacts of North Carolina’s public airports, conducted by North Carolina State University’s Institute for Transportation Research and Education.